Although the City of San Diego budget staffs the open hours, maintains the building, and buys some materials, money from the Friends funds virtually all programs, purchases many of the materials you borrow, and makes important improvements to the facilities. The Friends is essential to the library as you know it and invaluable to this community. Just ask the librarians!
Like to join but need more information? In addition to having the satisfaction of helping to enrich library services to the community, here’s how you benefit:
- You can borrow hot new best sellers from the Friends Lending Library, often before they’re available in the branch.
- You pay half-price in the Friends’ bookshop all day every day, not just Wednesdays.
- You pay a special lower price per bag of books at our quarterly Bag Sales.
- You receive the Friends’ Newsletter, keeping you in the know.
- You have a variety of opportunities to volunteer and make new friends while you help.
All your financial support stays in Rancho Bernardo, and thanks to matching funds, the RB Library receives an additional 50 Cents for every dollar the Friends organization contributes.
The Friends of the Rancho Bernardo Library is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, EIN #95-3786265.
I would like to: