For The Friends Website
July 20, 2019.
The Friends of the Rancho Bernardo Library is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We we strive continually improve the user experience for everyone, by applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
The Friends of the Rancho Bernardo Library follow the library's guidelines for physical accessibility. On our website we consider accessibility for each new feature. Content contributors to our website are informed about accessibility, especially in tagging photographs.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Friends Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of The Friends Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on The Friends Website:
- Postal address: 17110 Bernardo Center Drive, San Diego CA 92128, Attention The Friends Webmaster
- Phone: Please call (858) 538-8163 and ask for the "Friends" extension then ask to leave a message for the Webmaster.
- Visitor address: The Friends are in the Bookshop in the Library at 17110 Bernardo Center Drive, San Diego CA 92128, but the Webmaster is seldom there.
We try to respond to feedback within two business days, but please recognize that we are an all-volunteer organization..
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
The Friends of the Rancho Bernardo Library assesses the accessibility of The Friends Website by the following approaches:
- Self-evaluation such as testing the website on the current version of all browsers available to the Webmaster and other volunteers.
- External evaluation such as processing website pages through WCAG Conformance testers and correcting the errors found as soon as practical.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by the Webmaster of the Friends of the Rancho Bernardo Library who is responsible for its creation and maintenance.
This statement was created on 20 July 2019 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.